15.10.06

día de la madre

aquí un fragmento de Tres mujeres, escrito por sylvia plath.

este trío de voces en un corredor de clínica es la mejor reflexión poética sobre la maternidad que leí jamás.


Three Women
A Poem for Three Voices
Setting: A Maternity Ward and round about

FIRST VOICE:
I am slow as the world. I am very patient,
Turning through my time, the suns and stars
Regarding me with attention.
The moon's concern is more personal:
She passes and repasses, luminous as a nurse.
Is she sorry for what will happen? I do not think so.
She is simply astonished at fertility.

When I walk out, I am a great event.
I do not have to think, or even rehearse.
What happens in me will happen without attention.
The pheasant stands on the hill;
He is arranging his brown feathers.
I cannot help smiling at what it is I know.
Leaves and petals attend me. I am ready.

leer la versión completa en inglés.
leer la versión completa en español.

No hay comentarios.: